What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Very Excited RV-8 Builder-New IOX360

dbuds2

Well Known Member
:DI finally chiseled my wallet open and committed to a brand new ECI IOX360 to be built at Sun N Fun. America's Aircraft Engines will be assembling it on Friday and Saturday of the show, it'll have dual PMags, ECI Titan fuel injection on a Superior vertical sump. Please stop by, introduce yourself and see how an engine is assembled.

I've been so excited and I knew you RVators will appreciate how it feels. The whole deal must of been destiny. Found out last week that we were done paying for the first year of private college, the original college fund was still intact and my bucking partner (well she has credit for all those hard to reach rivets on the wings) could live with the purchase.

I want to acknowledge Steve Fowler from Americas Aircraft Engines; Brad from PMag; JB, Glen Golden, Jimmy and Joe from ECI; and Brent from Superior. This community of ours is so helpful and of such high integrity we are very fortunate. Thank you all so very much.

Now it's more decisions, what color to paint the engine, what supplies do I need to get at the show, when can I afford to spend the next big chunk of cash, etc. (do you also find yourself not sleeping very restful with these questions bouncing around all the time)?

Please drop a note if you have recommendations with this setup

Last year at SnF American Aircraft Engines assembled an engine and fired it up at the show. It was very cool to watch the process and see how the pros do it.

As for the color of the engine go with something light. It makes finding oil leaks easier, not that there will be any of course. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Bud,

You made a good decision with the AAE built Eci powerplant. I have one in my 9a and have been very impressed with both the performance and the great customer support from both America's and Eci.

You are gonna love your RV!!

Cheers,

db

ECI Engine

AAE built my XO-340 at SnF a couple of years ago, great group to work with and a great learning experience to watch it go together.

Pat

Americas Engines

My RV8,

The Borrowed Horse has an ECI 0-360 built and Warranted buy Americas Aircraft Engines. I runs smoooooth. I love it. They are good to work with, call them.
Any one thinking of buying an engine needs to talk to Steve at Americas. 877 371 1371. Good people.

After you buy from a BIG company, you are just a purchase order #.

With Americas you will know Steve, Phil, Richard, and you'll be a customer that they will help with after the sale.

They built mine at Sun n Fun too!!! 2006

Last edited:
After trading for a RV8 that had a new America's Aircraft Engine in it I called and spoke with Phil about changing the warranty. He was very helpful and changed the warranty over to my name. It has been a great trouble free engine the first 90 hrs. These are great people who take pride in thier product

Bud, hope you get the engine home and put on your plane. I'm looking forward to seeing the Lycoming truck pull up in front of my house sometime next month to unload my 0-360 as well. Good to meet you and when you get to going on that canopy Silka gue maybe I can help some call or write. Best regards, Bill of Georgia

Picture of the New Engine

:D Well I'm still excited from Sun N Fun. Things didn't go exactly as planned during the assembly and being about 1000 miles away from the Americas Aircraft Engines shop didn't help. Steve, Rob and Richard are the BEST! If you need an engine these are the guys to call. 888-371-1371.

Anyway, the engine had to do a round trip to Tulsa to get the correct cylinders (ECI mistakenly sent PMA Lycoming cylinders instead of ECI taper cylinders). I'm not in a hurry and opted to take Steve up on the offer to get the extra 3-5 hp and loose about 4 lbs.

Loved meeting the other RV and experimental guys during the assembly, I learned a lot.
img3547.jpg

img3566a.jpg

img3567.jpg

Another Plug for America's Aircraft, Pmag and ECI

:)Just getting around to making another post to tell the RV community what great people and companies we have supporting us.

When my new engine was delivered, it had shifted in the crate and the engine injection pump had poked thru the box. The shipping company (I think it was the driver) covered the hole with a separate piece of cardboard. He dropped it intentionally facing next to a wall. Only after he had left and the pallet was moved did we see the damage. I got it home and found two of the sockets on the Pmag were broken, the fuel pump looked OK, but, had cardboard dust in the openings.

I contacted Steve Fowler of America's Aircraft Engines again (by this time he was wondering if I was just bad luck). No questions asked, he had me ship the Pmag and pump to him for inspection/repair/replacement by ECI and Pmag.

Day's later both parts were back at my house, completely repaired as new. AND, neither Pmag or ECI, charged Steve or me a cent. Sadly, the shipper never felt any pain, guess it's too hard to get shipping companies to pay for damage. ECI and Pmag went above reasonable:):) expectations and deserve to be recognized.

We are so fortunate to be a part of the RV family.

Back