What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 Gathering at OSH

N941WR

Legacy Member
Ok, I saw the thread for the RV-3 gathering and thought maybe we could do the same for the RV-9, all 12 or 14 of us.

Who knows, we might even let the -9A's in on the fun. :rolleyes:

OK, but if you let use type A's show up.....

Ok, I saw the thread for the RV-3 gathering and thought maybe we could do the same for the RV-9, all 12 or 14 of us.

Who knows, we might even let the -9A's in on the fun. :rolleyes:

We may end up giving the rest a bad time about not having the B-LLS to land with a nose wheel.:D

Kent

Does the baby come before of after OSH?

We may end up giving the rest a bad time about not having the B-LLS to land with a nose wheel.:D

Kent

Does the baby come before of after OSH?
Kent,

At around the age of five I learned that tricycles stunk. :p
Don?t worry, I say the same thing about front wheel drive cars too! (Big IT racing thing there. BTW, IT stands for Improving Touring, not Information Technology.)

The Boy should arrive right around Halloween. I'm still not 100% certain I'll make OSH this year and I probably won't know until the day I depart. :(

I can't wait until he is old enough to help with the condition inspections. He will be the one inspecting the tail cone of the -9. :D

And they'll all be PAINTED to impress people....

Right? :D
Hummmmm....

Let's see, I have three or four cans of spray paint in the basement and three weeks to go. Between the red, orange, green, and gray I'm sure I can come up with an interesting paint scheme by then.

NOT!

Actually, while building I thought it might be kind of funny to paint it with blue patches, as though I left the plastic coating on. I wonder what that would do to my resale value.

Actually, while building I thought it might be kind of funny to paint it with blue patches, as though I left the plastic coating on. I wonder what that would do to my resale value.

I actually had someone comment that they liked that color on the plane after seeing the blue plastic on the fuse. The only problem is that the later RV builders would get it, but not many more people.

We'll be there....

Sandi and I plan to arrive on Saturday before the show weather permitting.

I will be at OSH Tues thru Fri.just let pick a time and place to meet,
Pat
RV-9
N385PC

paint scheme

Hummmmm....

DANG! I actually used MS Paint and did that very thing - I thought "what a hoot to paint the blue plastic blocks back on the plane and then have someone tell me I was supposed to remove the plastic."

Dale,

Congrats on the sign off and welcome to the forum!

Call your insurance company, mine allowed me to get my three hour check out in any Side-by-Side tail dragger RV.

They might let you do the same.

Congrats Dale,

I can't help with the transition training, but there are two of us building in NE IL that are now looking to you for inspiration. I'm in Carol Stream and working on wings,
David Hu is in Plainfield and just started the fuselage.

Ken9

Soooo is there going to be an RV-9 builders get together at OSH??
If so i'm in ...... when?

Soooo is there going to be an RV-9 builders get together at OSH??
If so i'm in ...... when?
Ken,

I was joking more than anything when I started this thread.

As of last night, I hope to arrive on Saturday afternoon and will have to depart on Tuesday morning. Weather permitting of course.

Just look for an unpainted RV-9 and stop by. As few 9's that are flying, two of us would make up about 10% of the fleet.

Ken9

Well, two is better than none. I'll be there on Monday and will look you up.
RV-9 Taildragger expected completion spring 09.

Yup! Want to set up for all us 9/9A'ers? I am driving this year as I have a guest and it was too much for the plane to haul. I suggested getting together near the camp store near the registration area that evening. Chair and your own snacks. Good idea or no?

Bob Kelly

Ken9

I would enjoy that but the builders dinner is that night, maybe after? Which camp store were you referring to?

S/N 91201

We'll be there

The -9 might be ready for SNF '09, so we'll be flying up in a Boeing 717 with Air Tran painted on the side. Due to the congestion at OSH, I think we'll just park it at the big airport in Milwaukee and drive the rest of the way in a rental car.:D

Be there Sunday - Tuesday. Hope to run in to a few -9 builders, and others.

I'm there

I'll parking my unpainted but primered fiberglass -9A in the North 40. Arriving Sat afternoon the 26th. Departing 8/2-ish depending on wx.

Howzabout wearing yer -9(A) t-shirt at Van's banquet on 7/31?

N345SF
Steve

I would enjoy that but the builders dinner is that night, maybe after? Which camp store were you referring to?

S/N 91201

There is a store not far from where you register when you arrive, just to the right after you enter the campgrounds. It has a fairly big open area. I'm just going up there around 7:00 PM with a cooler and chair and a sign and see if anyone shows up. Everyone's invited!

Bob Kelly

Ken,

Just look for an unpainted RV-9 and stop by. As few 9's that are flying, two of us would make up about 10% of the fleet.

Hey! We resemble that remark! :) Sounds like we'll have a few unpainted -9's this year. I think I was the only one last year maybe.

Just the two of us

As near as I could tell, only two RV-9's made it to OSH this year, Bob McMillin in his beautiful yellow -9 and my unpainted -9.

I had to leave on Tuesday morning so some others might have made it in.

Next year we need to get some more there.

9's at Osh

Bill,

Sandi and I were there all week starting Saturday back on row 302 (unpainted one) I saw lots of others was well, including the "Oshkosh or Bust" RV-9a. :)

Matthew,
When he is talking about few RV-9s, I think he was talking about RV-9s, not RV-9As.

Bill,

Sandi and I were there all week starting Saturday back on row 302 (unpainted one) I saw lots of others was well, including the "Oshkosh or Bust" RV-9a. :)

Matthew,
When he is talking about few RV-9s, I think he was talking about RV-9s, not RV-9As.
Matthew,

I remember looking at your -9A and a few others but Mel is correct, I was talking about -9's. Mine was the unpainted -9 on row 303, between Dayton's bright red RV-4 and Jay's RV-8, Borrowed Horse.

Back