What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Jacks

Len

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of where to buy a receptor cup that fits the black screw in wing jack points for the RV?

Len

You can make your own by drilling a 5/16 clearance hole in the end of a plumbing pipe cap. Or thread a 5/16 hole.
Then use a 5/16 x 18 bolt to screw into the wing tie downs. I used a 1in and 1/4 pipe cap to fit the jack stand I made.

Depending on your jack, you could also do the reverse -- use a stock bolt and round the bolt head. Then, make a deep dimple in your jack head that the now-rounded bolt head settles into.

The jacks I borrowed had the deep dimple, so it was an easy matter to just grind down a couple of bolt heads so that they mate nicely with the dimples, and swivel just enough as I jack the wing.

Just another option. Other side of the same coin, depending on your jacks.

Another approach...

default.aspx

I bought mine from Aircraft Spruce...

...called Jack Extensions.

I used the 3" extensions, p/n 12-00157. In retrospect, I could have used the 1.5" extensions.

The extensions slide over the jack point on the 3-ton bottle jacks I have, and because the jack extensions are abt 3' deep, I need to unscrew the jacks' threaded jack point about three inches so that the lifting surface fits up inside and bottoms out inside the extension.

If you go this rout, also be sure to obtain a set of "collar clamps". They need to fit around the jack's hydraulic ram after you get the jack jacked up. You then fit the collar clamp around the exposed ram and clamp it down with the provided screws. This prevents the jack ram from retracting if it should loose pressure. Your jack ram diameter needs to be measured, and order the size that fits. I got mine from McMaster Carr

Last edited:
...called Jack Extensions. I used the 3" extensions, p/n 12-00157. In retrospect, I could have used the 1.5" extensions..

Where do you get the black screw in wing jack points or what did you put/screw into the tie-down points to use with these jack extensions?

The wing jack points...

...came from Van's Aircraft many years ago. The Jackpoint Kit contained two plastic/nylon screw-in points and a steel plate w/ U -bolt that attached to the gear leg. I do not know if they still carry this item.

If Van's no longer carries this item, you may want to ask them where they sourced the parts and let us all know.

Jack Pads

A 5/16" stainless carriage-head bolt works well. I screw mine in by hand until the bolt shoulder just touches the bottom skin. Matches the cup on the jack.

Back