What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Are the answers to these questions in Section 31A?

1974av8r

I am assuming the answers to these questions are in Section 31A, because they are not in Section 31B.

If I am correct, will someone be kind enough to send an electronic copy of Section 31A to me. I will not be able to get one from Van's until Monday.

Thanks!

Page 31B-14: Where am I supposed to drill the hole (and what size) for the OAT probe?

Page 31B-17: Is the smaller hole in the seat ramp supposed to be drilled out (and what size) to accommodate the isolator washer in the headphone jack?

Page 31B-22: The red WH-P390 fuel pump power wire is not long enough to get the spade connector through the cushioned clamp as shown in Figure 1 and directed in Step 1. It is approximately 8? short of being able to do exactly what the drawings are showing. I have triple checked the routing and location of the fuselage wiring harness and it will not do it. Every other wire up to page 31B-22 has had plenty of room, but this one is definitely short (if it is supposed to fit exactly as the drawing shows).

Page 31B-24: Where do I drill the holes (and what size) for the F-00034-L&R Wing Electrical Brackets in the F-1226-L&R Seat Ramp Floors?

Thanks again,

Richard

Richard --

The OAT hole gets drilled at the right-angle intersection 1/2 way between the two vertical rivets and the two horizontal rivets. I can email you the original sheet with the details.

Yes -- enlarge the small hole to fit the the fiber washer isolation shoulder.

My red fuel pump wire was also shipped too short just like yours. Van's said I was the only one like that -- HA! Van's sent me a 12" length of wire to splice on to extend my wire.

You should have a template #F-00033 which has the hole layout for the four (each side) wing plug mount holes -- it uses two nearby rivets to position the template.. You could use the original Page 31A-09 which shows you how to orient the template. I can email you the original sheet with the details.

I can't email you any of these plans until Monday or so. You can PM me if you need them.

-- David

Thank You

David,

Thank you very much for the excellent feedback. I feel much better about the fuel pump wire now!

Van's should email me a copy of Section 31A tomorrow, but I do sincerely appreciate your offer.

You must be a couple of pages ahead of me, so don't be surprised if I hit you up for more info in the weeks to come!

Thanks again,

Richard

Back