Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:25 PM

Default Slider Builders Resource

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready to tackle the slider canopy on my new 7. Over the last couple of years I've searched out a few build logs from those who have documented the process. The search process is sometimes cumbersome. I'm sure there are many more now. These are very helpful to learn tips and to avoid some of the land mines that can occur.

In an effort to build a single point resource for people building sliders if you have or know of a build log that details the process add it to this thread. Somebody could do the same for Tippers. Once these are developed, they could further be broken down in a sub category for those who used Sika.

I'm hoping after this gets some steam, Doug will make it a title on resources section on the opening page.

Thanks in advance. Let's get this going. I'll be posting those I've searched out later today.
RV-7 N717EE-Flying (Sold)
RV-7 N717AZ Flying, in paint
EMS Bell 407,
Eurocopter 350 A-Star Driver
Old 06-21-2014, 02:40 PM

Here is mine, wish I would have added some more detail but overall it shows, a Sika Flexed Canopy with a one Piece Fiberglass Skirt. It took LOTS of sanding but overall it was well worth it and got compliments and many questions everywhere I went.

http://n87dx.com/category/canopy/page/2/
Old 06-21-2014, 03:25 PM

Darwin,

By far the best I found during my build was Matt Burch's. http://www.rv7blog.com/ Check the table of contents for the section devoted to the canopy.
In fact, Matt's whole website is pretty darn good!

Hope this helps.

Donation reminder: Jan. 2022