Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > Glass Cockpit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2020, 02:09 PM

Default G3x touch team

Man! I love this G3X touch! I love getting all these ongoing improvements. Love that I spent the money for a non static system. Great job! Keep all these things coming. Dread the day when we can't improve this product, as I know it will come but hopefully that is many years from now.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:57 PM

Justin,
Does this software version 8.72 connect the FIS-B cloud information on the weather page or do I still need to go into the G3X Bluetooth setup and toggle ON the connection manually? What is the status of receiving all FIS-B information that is currently output in Class B locations in the US? Ice and Cloud information takes 30 minutes to download and can be over one hour old.
AC 11 L1P- 18 years
Repairman Certificate
Old 09-10-2020, 06:22 PM

I installed the update this afternoon, it went smoothly. It changed my EIS setting, so I had to go into Configuration mode and change it to COMBINED. Havenít flown yet, but not expecting any problems.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:48 PM

Default Software update

So, the software update is different than the database update? For the software update, after downloading to the SD card will the G3X automatically update once the card is inserted?

Bear with me, never did a software/firmware update
Old 09-10-2020, 09:58 PM

Yes, the system firmware is the Operating System for the G3x setup. The DB is just your charts that get updated every month.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:41 PM

Default Software upgrade changed my system ID 😩

I upgraded my software from 8.71 to 8.72 and it changed my system ID. The only way I know is because I tried to update my databases after the upgrade and it told me. Checked my system ID and sure enough it changed. I had a picture of what it was before and now.

Woops, I realize what caused this now. I swapped out the little memory module in the connector from the old non Apple comparable to the new Apple compatible and that changed my system Id. Working with the G3Xperts on this now.
Web site: http://www.newtech.com/bobbyhester/RVSite.htm
Dec. 2020 VAF donator - alot better than any magazine subscription

Last edited by bhester : 09-14-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:11 AM

Default GNX375

Would be nice to get an update to allow full function of the Navigators or GTN through the G3X. At this time, my IPad does infinitely better than my G3X. I can load departures, arrivals and approaches or make any enrolee changes and easily send that to the GNX375. I can load full approaches or easily do airborne route changes but my G3X can't. Makes no sense that an Apple product with 3rd party App (ForeFlight) controls my GNX375 better than a Garmin product. You cannot load any of the above through the G3X.

At the very least, my G3X should do as much as ForeFlight when it comes to controlling the navigator.

F1 Harmon Rocket
@hom409 Instagram / Tiktok
CF18 and F1 Rocket
Will fly anything 🤙😎
Cold Lake, AB
Canada
Old 09-14-2020, 09:29 AM

I like having the CHT/EGT graph displayed on the PFD EIS strip. I'll stick with v8.71 for now.
+1 for allowing the user to configure the EIS strip in a future firmware upgrade.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:58 AM

Default FIS-B Weather Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmrv7a View Post
Justin,
Does this software version 8.72 connect the FIS-B cloud information on the weather page or do I still need to go into the G3X Bluetooth setup and toggle ON the connection manually? What is the status of receiving all FIS-B information that is currently output in Class B locations in the US? Ice and Cloud information takes 30 minutes to download and can be over one hour old.
It is under development, as the FIS-B product package has expanded, we have had to make adjustments to facilitate the data transfer of all of the new products. There will be an update to the system to make this all happen over the RS232 datapath at some point, but for the time being, the newer products are limited to a Bluetooth connection.

You should only have to connect via Bluetooth once, rather than on each power cycle. If you are having to re-connect each time, give us a call at 1-866-854-8433, and we can help you set up the system to auto-reconnect when power is applied.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:00 AM

Default Configuration Module/SystemID

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhester View Post
I upgraded my software from 8.71 to 8.72 and it changed my system ID. The only way I know is because I tried to update my databases after the upgrade and it told me. Checked my system ID and sure enough it changed. I had a picture of what it was before and now.

Woops, I realize what caused this now. I swapped out the little memory module in the connector from the old non Apple comparable to the new Apple compatible and that changed my system Id. Working with the G3Xperts on this now.
Brian,

Glad to hear you got it all figured out. The SystemID is held in the configuration module, inside the connector for the PFD. This makes it very convenient if you were ever to need to replace a damaged display, but if you change the configuration module out, you will have a different SystemID and flyGarmin would need to be updated with that information for the database updates to load properly.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.