What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The new restaurant is open at KSEZ, Sedona...

Sedona, AZ is one of the most amazing airports, and areas to fly I have been in. Ridge flying the red rock formations was the highlight of our AZ trip. Put it on your bucket list for sure! This is an easy flight from or to the Grand Canyon also.

Arizona_Trip_012__Medium_.jpg

Adding a restaurant makes it even better! I know they have courtesy cars and a great FBO also.

Last edited:
KSEZ restaurant opening date and airport open house

New restaurant is scheduled to open Sept 6. Web site is http://mesagrillsedona.com and includes menus.

Airport open house is Sept. 17 and web site is http://sedonaairport.org/events and if you fly in looks like they are offering to provide some food and gas, but need to call to confirm in advance:

Special Note for Pilots

On Sept 17, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sedona Airport will be hosting an open house and flyin along with a state-wide classic car show, food, entertainment, and lots of friendly pilots. www.sedonaairport.org/events

We will also be showcasing our brand new restaurant, the Mesa Grill at the Sedona Airport which is scheduled to open on Sept 1st. www.sedonaairport.org/dining

We will be buying everyone flyng in, including passengers breakfast or lunch at the Mesa Grill (or CAP food booth) - ((When you land see Al Comello or Bill Kerwin who will have a $10 gift certificate for each pilot and their passengers.))

We are also offering our fuel at the "local" discounted price to all pilots flying in.

If you own an aircraft and feel it would be a crowd pleaser and want to put it on display, we will buy 10-20 gallons of fuel to help offset the cost of flying to Sedona Airport KSEZ. We need 20 or so aircraft to have a good showing ? so please do consider sharing your cool aircraft and love of flying with the 2,000 or so we expect to attend.

RSVP to Al Comello, [email protected] or call 928-862-0210

Display aircraft should be here by 8 a.m. for the set up.

PASS THIS ON TO OTHER EAA MEMBERS AND PILOTS AROUND THE SOUTHWEST.... AND PLEASE.. DO RSVP SO WE CAN GAUGE THE EXPECTED RESPONSE... THANKS...

Al Comello
[email protected]
928 862-0210

Now I have an excuse to make the 10-minute flight again. The last Sedona open house I was at before the old restaurant closed was a blast. One of the Flagstaff Slugs is actually based at Sedona and has a beautiful T-bird he puts in the car show. They also had lots of booths with local arts/crafts stuff. It's more like a Sedona open house, not just the airport. Great for taking the SO to, even if he/she isn't so interested in aviation.

Back