What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New 2 Speed models of Safety-Trim available

RNewman

Fellow RV builders,

We are pleased to announce that the new 2 Speed models of Safety-Trim are now available. Safety-Trim is an electronic controller for elevator and aileron trim servos that resolves the possibility of run-away trim conditions. Safety-Trim allows for greatly simplified wiring of Pilot and Co-Pilot trim switches.
The new models of Safety-Trim include 2 user adjustable preset speeds that allow you to select a high speed and low speed trim setting. The selection of trim speed is made via a simple switch closure and can be automated with an airspeed switch or flap position switch.

Please visit our web site: www.tcwtech.com to learn about all the features of Safety-Trim

Thank you,

Bob Newman
RV-10 #40176
Glastar N99RN

I'll post this to the 2 running threads that I found about this trim system.

Just for those who may be curious for more info or real-install stories, I just got done this weekend with the installation of the 2-speed 2-axis system and I'm very glad I installed it. The RV-10 trim was workable if you tapped it just fine, but due to how fast it could get out of whack if you unknowingly laid something on the trim switch, I considered it a real safety hazard to leave the trim set at full speed in cruise. (At slow speeds it's fine, and even great)

So anyway, enough for now but here's my write-up on the installation.
http://www.myrv10.com/N104CD/upgrades/20071027/index.html

Wish this would have been something I knew about the need for while I was building, and wish I would have installed it right away.

Tim

Back