What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on Relays for E-Bus feed and Aux Alternator...

idleup

Well Known Member
I am planning my design based on Bobs Z-13/8. Not all the pins are labeled on the schematic though...

1. Am I correct that the S704-1 relay used for the backup alternator is wired to the regulator with the N.O. lead?

2. Can I use the N.C. lead for an "Aux Alt Offline" light? I assume this will be powered when the switch is off (or breaker tripped) right?

3. If I use an S704-1 relay for the E-Bus feed switch I would wire the Battery bus to the N.O. as well correct? In Z-13/8 the common is wired to the E-Bus but I am not sure if N.O. or N.C. is connected to the battery bus (it is not labeled)

4. Lastly, if I want to add a light for when the E-Bus feed switch is closed where would I do that? it looks like when the switch is open the N.C. is powered from the Main bus and the N.O. powered from the battery bus, so I do not see where I would tap in a light that is only powered when the switch is closed. Should I just wire the light at the switch to accomplish this instead of at the relay (using Pin 1 on the switch?).

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions.

Matt

Back