What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone with a Similar Setup?

idleup

Well Known Member
I am working on my electrical and firewall forward design and could really use a visual (pictures) of someone who has a similar setup. I am confused on where to mount things specifically. I am running the following:

Superior XP-IO-360 Vertical induction
Airflow Performance
Plasma II w/ crank sensor on one side and magneto on the other

I am looking to use Aeroelectric Connection Z-12 or Z-13/8 schematic as a starting reference for my electrical system so if you are using the same I can see where those busses, relays, etc are mounted as well...

Does anyone have this setup or can you direct me to someone who you may know who has this setup and has photos available (or a build log) that I can look at online?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Matt, yup!

I am following the Z-13 diagram and using B and C components.

Here is a picture of my installation.

IMG_0129.JPG

Hope this helps!

:cool: CJ

Matt,

Instead of the Lightspeed Ignition, I went with the G3i setup.

IMG_0004.JPG

It worked well in the test cell down in Mattituck!

;). CJ

Do you have any photos showing the wiring and placement of components inside? Is there anything you would do different if starting over?

- Matt

Matt,

I am still locating things like regulator and such. Ihave some ides but nothing is screwed into place yet.

I am going to basically do one system at a time and eventually it will be complete.

I do kow that the fuseblocks will go behind the Garmin screens on the subpanel for visibility reasons. I plan on keeping this plane until I am too old to scramble under the panel!

Hahaha

:D. CJ

9A with IO-320, LS Plasma II, wiring diagram Z-11

.... pretty close to your setup. If you want pics, just send me a PM and an email address. I have LOTS of pics. :D

One reminder: the controller box for the Plasma II needs to be on the cool side of the firewall; yet you might want to service (or replace it) someday. That requires some consideration. Do NOT put the Plasma II box fwd of the firewall. It will overheat in hot weather and give you fits. (Just happened this summer to a friend of mine.)

Back