What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 430W GPS Antenna Gasket and Doubler?

idleup

Well Known Member
I noticed in the Garmin 430W Installation manual it shows a drawing mounting the GPS Antenna to the top skin of the plane using a neoprene gasket on the outside and a backing plate on the inside. Were these supposed to come with the unit? All I got was the antenna... I can fabricate the backing plate if I have too and I guess buy the neoprene gasket, I am just wondering if I should have received it with my 430w.

My memory is failing so don't take this as gospel, but I thought I got the gasket; had to fab the doubler.

No gasket

I received no gasket, but there is an o-ring at the base that seals the base where the antenna connects. I don't think the antenna requires a full size gasket.

Mine has started to give me trouble, on Garmin rep on here seems to feel tightening the base screws can cause damage to the antenna over time. Install manual had no torque value when I installed mine so check to see if it is published now.

Cheers

I have the GA 35 Antenna and it did not come with instructions. I have been unable to find installation instructions online either. Anyone know where I can find them for this antenna?

I received no gasket, but there is an o-ring at the base that seals the base where the antenna connects. I don't think the antenna requires a full size gasket.

Mine has started to give me trouble, on Garmin rep on here seems to feel tightening the base screws can cause damage to the antenna over time. Install manual had no torque value when I installed mine so check to see if it is published now.

Cheers

Back