What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New (to me) RV-8A

tfriendshuh

Well Known Member
I just bought an RV-8A from a regular lurker (Hi Robert!)

Took advantage of the beautiful weather over the weekend to fly the 1200nm from Seattle/Tacoma to Duluth, MN.

Still can't get the RV grin off my face :)

i-K5f6QfW-L.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome. I've owned mine for just over a month now and have put twice the hours on it in a month than he did in a year.

Right on! You really couldn't have picked any better days to pick it up. (this time of year it can get pretty sketchy for weeks on end)

Not too long after getting my license, a guy I know through work told me about his friend Robert who was building his own airplane. What??? I gotta see this!!! We'll you probably can guess where this went... :rolleyes:

Anyway congratulations, you bought a great airplane. Enjoy! I look forward to seeing it again and meeting you at Oshkosh one of these years.

I just bought an RV-8A from a regular lurker (Hi Robert!)

Took advantage of the beautiful weather over the weekend to fly the 1200nm from Seattle/Tacoma to Duluth, MN.

Still can't get the RV grin off my face :)

i-K5f6QfW-L.jpg

the smile says it all!

YOU BET

You will like it, her sister is in my stable. Take some time to read-up on W & B and Aero. limitations, other than that you did very good in you selection.
Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Back