What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rivets for Servo Bracket?

AndyRV7

Well Known Member
I want to order some rivets to mount the TruTrak pitch servo bracket to my RV-7. Does anyone happen to now what part number they would be?

Thanks. Andy

The rivets that go into the bottom skin are AN426AD3-3.5 for the flange without the autopilot bracket.

The upper flange rivets are AN470AD4-4 without the bracket.

Adding the bracket would need a slightly longer rivet, probably a 3-4 or 3-4.5 and 4-4.5 or 4-5. depending on the thickness of the bracket.

They are cheep enough to buy several sizes. Van's sells them in 0.01 lb increments for about 46 cents.

Installing the lower rivets will require 2 people.

If you are wanting cherrymax pulled rivets, someone else will have to chime in as I am not very familiar with those.

Thanks Bob. I guessed on the rivets and ordered a handfull of different lengths in the AN470AD3 and AN470AD4 sizes. I'll check the AN426AD3 rivets now too. Andy

The 426 rivets are the countersunk/flush rivets on the bottom skin. 470 are the round head rivets.

If you are unfamiliar with bucking rivets, make sure you practice on a spare piece of aluminum first or get some help from a local builder.

You will need a second person anyway for the bottom skin rivets.

Might want to read this:

http://vansaircraft.com/pdf/revisions/RV-ALL_Section-5.pdf

Back