What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming 0-360 oil filter adaptor gasket

Slagergren

I have a Lycoming 0-360-A1D with the std the spin oil filter adaptor. Just have roughly 3 hrs flight time on the engine break-in. My question is has anyone modified the openings in the center of the stock gasket for this oil filter adaptor? I recall at the time of install that the holes in the center sections of the gasket did not all match the oil port openings in the adaptor and likewise the back of the engine. Im thinking now that was a dump thing on my part not to question that further and or not enlarge the gasket openings back to "metal on metal" supported areas.

Im thinking of pulling the adaptor and investigating this gasket fit more tonight. My big fear is that the gasket areas not fully sandwiched between adaptor and motor make break loose.

Thoughts?

I have a Lycoming 0-360-A1D with the std the spin oil filter adaptor. Just have roughly 3 hrs flight time on the engine break-in. My question is has anyone modified the openings in the center of the stock gasket for this oil filter adaptor? I recall at the time of install that the holes in the center sections of the gasket did not all match the oil port openings in the adaptor and likewise the back of the engine. Im thinking now that was a dump thing on my part not to question that further and or not enlarge the gasket openings back to "metal on metal" supported areas.

Im thinking of pulling the adaptor and investigating this gasket fit more tonight. My big fear is that the gasket areas not fully sandwiched between adaptor and motor make break loose.

Thoughts?

You used the wrong gasket. Check with ECI on this.

Back