What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Are all RVer's this nice?

Schwemmer

That is the question are all RVr's this nice?

I am new to the forums and have been lurking for a few months. I have asked a few questions and received answers loaded with experience and wisdom. Then I spot a thread where the author is flying to Bermuda Dunes. Now I live less than 2 miles from Bermuda Dunes and he is flying his RV-7A. I am interested in the 7 model and would like a close up view. So I contact the pilot and his response is " look...Oh no I'll take you up and give you a real hands on up close and personal look at the 7." I am not really wanting to take up too much of his time, and do not desire to have him burn his fuel to show me, so I respond with I just want to look. He insists that I go up with him to get a real experience of the 7 to determine it will be the correct plane for me. The point of this is he took me up for an hour flight, gave me the controls, allowed me to really fly the plane and then laughed when I didnt want to yank and bank. You cant hurt it, and Im ready, so go for it, was the response. After the flight I invited him and his brother to breakfast. I offer to at least pay for breakfast and he refused. At the end of the time he spent over 3 hours giving his experience, asking what my mission was, and really digging into which plane was best for me. Long story short, It is not the first time an RV pilot has gone out of their way to reach out and bring a new guy into the fold. The answer is a resounding "YES"

So a BIG THANK YOU, to Nick RV 7A N720RV

It's pretty hard to find an RV owner/pilot who's not an enthusiastic RV evangelist... and once you've got an RV of your own, you'll likely become one yourself! ;)

Not all

I don't know if this guy is really a RV owner but I have one that is harassing me via personal messages for some delusions he suffers from. I had to relegate him to my ignore list.

I've given many flights and have subscribed to the "first flight is always free" gang.

Mine was & I thought I'd pay it forward as many others have done.

I've given many flights and have subscribed to the "first flight is always free" gang.

Rosie & Dan Hall refused our offer of first-flight gas money, but their kindness was hardly "free". Heck, three years on, I'm still paying for it. :)

--
Stephen

Are all RVers this nice. Yep

My wife always says "I dont like airplanes, but I love airplane people"

Paul Kube

Many years ago Paul Kube, one of the RV "greats" here in San Diego took me up for my first "free" RV flight and it changed my life..all I can do is repay it forward.

But my experience is that most people are truly nice. We are showing some of our "not nice" side nowadays in our country, but I firmly believe its a passing phase.

Are RV'ers this nice? From a vendor's point you view, yes. You would be hard pressed to find better customers.
Tom

Rosie & Dan Hall refused our offer of first-flight gas money, but their kindness was hardly "free". Heck, three years on, I'm still paying for it. :)

--
Stephen

Happy to hear about your father/son team. My twin boys became excellent rivet buckers on my build. Maybe we can get together later this year as I plan on being in ABQ in Oct. I learned to fly out of KAEG and consulted at Sandia back in the late 90's . We hope to retire there someday. We also met another RV9 driver at Yellowstone a couple years ago. You probably know him, Don Best.

That is the question are all RVr's this nice?

I'm afraid they I am not. I generally have to turn down ride requests. There have been a few (mostly very short and petite women) that would fit in the baggage compartment but as soon as they take a look, they decide that they don't really want a ride after all.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong... :)

Thanks

Rick,
thanks for the very nice appreciation thread.

I enjoyed taking you for a RV flight and post discussions we had. You are one of the good guys that any of us would be happy to know. Feel free to call any time with questions for just to talk. If I don't have the answer, some of the other guys will know and I can put you in contact with them. Most everyone, "RV," that I know, are good people.

My vacation is over now and I burned through about 2600 miles with the -7. Loved every minute of it. Back to work Monday.

Thanks again.

Back