What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to find the fuel injection screen?

JamesClarkIV

IO-360-M1B stock fuel injection servo.

Fuel enters from top left, fuel exits to the spider from bottom middle.

There are several capped off ports which are safety wired.

Where do I find the fuel injection servo screen to inspect during my first annual?

Thanks,
Jim

The inlet to the servo from the fuel pump is where you access the screen. Just pull the line, pull the fitting that the line hooks to and slide the screen out. You can get it from the other side of the servo as well, if that gives easier access.

Fuel Screen

Jim: Take off the fuel inlet line to the servo. The fitting that hose was on is part of a large nut. Remove that nut to remove screen. There is a "O" ring under the nut and another on the screen. You might call Airflow and get a set to have on hand. All usual safety precautions apply when working with fuel and capping open lines.

Don Broussard

RV-9 Rebuild in Progress
Piper Pacer

I'm not trying to be a Richard, really I'm not. But you should get all the installation and maintenance manuals for everything firewall forward.

I'm not sure what constitutes a stock servo but on my M1B, the unit was a Precision Airmotive Silverhawk.

Does your look at all like this?

fitting.jpg

All the manuals are online. They also have all the SB's which you must review before you continue your condition inspection.

The reason I note this is because there's a very specific way for removing and reinstalling the filter to avoid contaminating fuel in the process.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but for the sake of safety do NOT depend on VAF or any other online forum to tell you the information and procedures you should be getting directly from the manufacturer of the products you're attempting to inspect and service.

Bob, Thanks for the information. I didn't know that manual was out there. Very helpful stuff. I appreciate you taking the time to help educate me.

Jim

Bob, Thanks for the information. I didn't know that manual was out there. Very helpful stuff. I appreciate you taking the time to help educate me.

Jim

If you got this engine new, didn't it come with a CD with the FI manuals and such on it? I seem to recall mine did...but I'm not at the hangar to look at my bookshelf with all the manuals and such.

You'll need those manuals, as they have the torque values for all the fittings, b-nuts on injection lines, injectors, and so on...you'll have to know those for inspection and cleaning at each annual, at least.

Last edited:
Back