What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Under Wing Contour HD Mount Test video..

Jim P

Well Known Member
Post probably is better here in the video URL section...

The weather finally cooperated a little here in the Northwest, so I had to test a new wing mount for my Contour HD. There's cliche'd music (it beats engine droning) and cruddy landings, but the camera mount seems to work fairly well. I don't have a picture of the mount, but it's the same as Gary Sobek's mount; an angle mounted to the tie-down mount. The camera will do about an hour of video for a given file, then continue on another file, so the downside is just a lot of editing once you have the raw video.

Hopefully this is good for wasting five and a half minutes of a Wednesday AM!

http://vimeo.com/21279285

Very nice Jim!

I did my Private at Auburn and your video really brought back memories.

However for some reason I was never that high at the other end of the runway. :) (Piper Warrior)

Jim,

Great video! It brings out the multitude of sights that we enjoy here in the Pacific NW area. Every one of the locations that you highlighted can be flown to in a single one hour flight. Beautiful country! What better way to see it than from an RV?:D

It's actually shot at 720p instead of the full 1080p to give a little more field of view. It gives 135 degrees field of view at 30 fps and is a bit easier on file sizes and post editing.

Pretty good quality video. Nice and clear. That kind of takeoff run and climb sure isn't like a C152. I better get back to work.

Scott, check out a link by Gary Sobek, I think there's a photo of the same mount type. It's basically a 2" x .125 angle with a 3/8th hole in one side, and a 1/4 in the other. It's actually really simple and works well for a mount to the tie down.

Back