What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B Out Compliance

dahugo

Gents,

My partners and I have just purchased an iPad Mini 3 and Stratus 2 to get our ADS-B in, but we have to start thinking about ADS-B out compliance over the next several years.

My head swims when I read aviation consumer magazine concerning the various methods and boxes which allow compliance.

We currently have a KT76 transponder, a Garmin 430W, and Dynon D180. I need some input from you guys on the cheapest and easiest method by which we can become ADS-B out compliant with what we have already.

And by easy, I mean the least amount of rewiring and panels mods, couples with a cost effective solution. So, anybody have any ideas for us?

TT-31 should be rather easy

Gents,

My partners and I have just purchased an iPad Mini 3 and Stratus 2 to get our ADS-B in, but we have to start thinking about ADS-B out compliance over the next several years.

My head swims when I read aviation consumer magazine concerning the various methods and boxes which allow compliance.

We currently have a KT76 transponder, a Garmin 430W, and Dynon D180. I need some input from you guys on the cheapest and easiest method by which we can become ADS-B out compliant with what we have already.

And by easy, I mean the least amount of rewiring and panels mods, couples with a cost effective solution. So, anybody have any ideas for us?

Probably a Trig TT-31 being fed from the 430W.
Initially the Trig will slide into a King tray. There are one or two additional wires that will need to be added and you should be good to go.

James
p.s. I have a Trig TT-31 connected to a Garmin GTN 650 in an RV8 and a Trig TT-22 connected to a Garmin 400W in an RV6. Both Trigs need the latest firmware update. I have it installed for the TT-31 but am waiting to get it for the TT-22.

Gents,

Replace the KT-76 with a KT-74 or Trig TT-31.

Paige

+1. IMHO this is the best way to go about it.

:cool:

+2 TT31 will read Garmin's ADSB+ output.
Note 1. You may need to upgrade your 430W software (you need version 5.03, I think, or higher) to get the needed ADSB+ output.
Note 2. Still waiting for Trig to make TT22 able to read ADSB+.

FYI: The Trig is a slide in replacement for the KT-76A, not the KT-76, so you will need to change the tray and re-wire.

Back