What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil filter thread 48110-1

My apologies if I did not understand the question.
The threads are not meant to be removed. If you need female thread you need a different filter.
What happened to the gasket?

You probably need a CH48108-1 oil filter in stead of the CH48110-1. The difference being the threads. Larry

adapters

ECI adapters take the 48108. If you need the Lycoming filter without the stud it would be the 48103.

Jesse

It looks like he used pliers to try to take that male threaded piece out. I hope he didn't do that damage on the engine adaptor.

As these posts indicate, you must know what is on the engine - what type of oil filter adaptor you have. Some adaptors have a built in relief valve. Others require you to use a filter with a built in relief valve.

The Superior Engine takes a 108-1 filter. I think he has already found this out. Larry

Thanks guys, my superior came with a strait black thread inserted, from factory
The strange thing is when I removed the filter that came along with my new engine, it was a 48-110-1 with no thread! My move is to try 108-1

Thanks guys, my superior came with a strait black thread inserted, from factory
The strange thing is when I removed the filter that came along with my new engine, it was a 48-110-1 with no thread! My move is to try 108-1

Ah, I had that happen once. Defective Champion filter, the male nipple backed out and stayed in the engine. Use a shop rag for padding, I'll bet the short threaded piece that is still on the engine comes off pretty easily. Get it off the engine, then put on a new -110. The male thread is suppose to stay on the filter.
I still wonder what happened to the gasket, there is none in the photo.

Back