- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:01 PM

Default Kit status website

Vans has put up a website to look up kit status.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/kitstatus/

You need the kit number, your email address and zip code. I don’t know at which point an order hits the site, Vansaircraft must have just opened it up for business.

I looked up a kit order for EAA Chapter 292 teen build that I am helping with. Gives projected crating date.

If you have a kit on order don’t use it unless you have a strong drink ready, they are truly swamped.
HP-18 5596S flying since '83
RV-10 996S flying since 2014, quick build wing and slow build fues., - dual Skyviews with complete system, two radio and not much else. Interior completely finished with Zolatone. CF plenum. 1624 lbs, FLYING after a 21.5 month build.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:15 AM

Well, that’s pretty handy.
It has all info associated with that kit # even past shipments.

Last edited by Electrogunner : 11-03-2021 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Added
Old 11-03-2021, 08:05 AM

I am wondering when they assign an estimated crating date. My RV-10 empennage was ordered five months ago (when the estimated lead time was 4 months), and there is no estimated date.

PPL-VFR
RV-10 Builder

Empennage ordered 6/7/2021 - still waiting
Wings ordered 7/16/2021 - Received 4/28/2022
Fuselage ordered 8/25/2021 - received 4/28/2022
Finishing kit ordered 8/25/2021

Dues Paid 2022
Old 11-03-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInIdaho View Post
I am wondering when they assign an estimated crating date. My RV-10 empennage was ordered five months ago (when the estimated lead time was 4 months), and there is no estimated date.
I ordered my QB in May and they have an estimate of Aug-Oct 2022 for my crating date on my RV-14A. My lead has gone from 12months to 18months. Guess I just take my time building emp as best I can.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:24 AM

I ordered my RV-7 Finish kit in April '21 and was quoted a crate date of Sep. 30th. Per the status page, The parts are still being produced and there is no estimated crate date. It all ok with me, I've got lots of work left on the fuselage and wings
SB Wings to QB stage
Fuselage in progress
Old 11-03-2021, 02:01 PM

My crate date was supposed to be Aug 16th. I have spoken to Vans several times and been assured my kit was being crated. Yesterday I received a notification from the Kit Status site that advised my kit would be crating between Nov 8th and Nov 19....😡...that bit of news did not make me happy...

Happily DONATED for 2021. I meet more than one of the exemptions but feel this site is well worth the donation. Hoping other will follow suit!

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.RV14
Old 11-03-2021, 02:42 PM

Default Communication Improvement

I too was disappointed to learn that my wing kit crate date is delayed an additional 2 months beyond the 6 months I've been waiting. Nevertheless, I understand there are factors well beyond Van's control that cause the delays.

At the same time, I applaud Van's for creating the Kit Status website which is a major improvement to their customer communication. The email notification of status changes is another feature that I especially appreciate. I imagine that these enhancements will reduce customer status inquiries, hopefully resulting in more time to focus on fulfilling orders.
VAF Donation Made June 2022
Old 11-03-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshawco View Post
The email notification of status changes is another feature that I especially appreciate.
Where the heck do you sign up for that? Can't find it anywhere.
SB Wings to QB stage
Fuselage in progress
Old 11-03-2021, 03:38 PM

Default Automatic Email Notification for Status Updates

I didn't find anywhere to sign up for the status updates. The email I received last night states:

"We'll work hard to reduce those timeframes where we can, and we'll send you a new email whenever something changes. You can also log in and view your kit tracking information and more details at any time by visiting the kit order tracking website."

It also repeated this below my latest status update:

"You are receiving this email order update because you have an active kit order with Vanís Aircraft. We send these updates when the status changes on one or more items on your orders, to keep you informed of your order status."
VAF Donation Made June 2022
Old 11-03-2021, 03:55 PM

The information for my kits is incorrect, and an entire kit that I have ordered and paid for isn't even listed. Considering their performance across the board lately, I'm not surprised.