What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SL-00048 - Roomier RV-12/12iS control stick optional replacement

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Van's has published SL-00048, which allows and describes the optional installation of the current, roomier control stick part in an RV-12 or RV-12iS with the original WD-1212 control sticks.

This new part moves the stick grip forward 1.75 inches (away from the pilot). In some situations, this new stick will better enable the pilot to reach the stick-aft control stop, which can improve performance during slow flight and landing flare. Note that this version of the control stick is provided in current kits, so only order if you have the original style sticks.

To be clear, if your belly prevents the original-design control stick in your RV-12 from reaching the full aft control stop, this one's for you. :D

NOTE: The "SL-00048-KIT" is available to order on our web store. this optional kit includes the parts needed to replace both controls sticks

Last edited:
my wife is 5 feet tall and can't reach the brakes
moved the seat back forward one inch but on full aft stick it hits the seat cushion. will this new stick not hit?
Alan
n603NH. 90 hrs since July 2022

when did they start adding them to the finish kits? I got my finish kit aug 2022

I will look at my part numbers tomorrow.

Back