What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon EMS D10 fuel flow sensor

martinair

Hi, my first post, I am happy and proud owner of a 1998 RV4 which I bought last summer in Germany.

I want to install a Dynon EMS D10, everything in the manual looking straight forward although I am not experienced in these things.

question: anything I need to take special attention to, especially where/how do I install the fuel flow sensor? Any advice much apprechiated, thanks

Fuel sensor

Google FC-10 totalizer and FT-60 sensor install instructions.. Must be uphill from red cube to carb or injector. TS Flightlines suggests readings are accurate even though you don't have 6" straight tubing either sede of sensor.

i made a flat .090 plate that is clamped to the small tube on the engine mount that runs along the bottom from gear tube to gear tube, and the diagonal tube that runs from the bottom of one gear tube to the top tube. it is clamped on with adel clamps and the red cube is hard mounted to the plate with an angle bracket. that puts the red cube about as low as you can get it on the engine side of the firewall.

bob burns
rv-4 N82RB

thanks guys, thank you for your help.

I will see what I can do, can't fly at the moment anyway since our airfield is very soft grass in winter and we would be stuck in mud in front of the hangar door. So there is time enough.

Bob, you don't have a picture available?

I dont have any pictures right now and im out of town on a trip. when I get back in town I will get over to the hangar and take a few and post them.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Back