What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing conduit above rivet holes

dbaflyer

Well Known Member
I was feeding the conduit through the rib holes which is not an easy task. I stopped after a few ribs because I noticed the conduit was almost directly above the rivet hole for the rib to bottom skin. I don't see a way to buck that rivet with the conduit in place. Anyone had this and been able to do that? I'm thinking of just putting snap bushings in there instead. Other ideas?

This picture is a bit blurry but gives you an idea of the rivet holes below the conduit.

WingConduit1.jpg

Or, pull the conduit through as you rivet. Put the rivet in, then pull the conduit through the bay and repeat when you get to the next bay, and so on.

Never had a problem...

...the conduit gives when you place the bucking bar in there. It would be different if you were using a rigid conduit.

...the conduit gives when you place the bucking bar in there. It would be different if you were using a rigid conduit.

Using a smaller tungsten bucking bar, I had no problem squeezing it into position.

Back