What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 14 seat mods on the 7

Maxrate

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm about to order the fuse kit and ran across a nice 7 FS in barnstormers that had a seat recline mod from the 14. Thread search turned up nothing. Anyone else out there used this mod with feedback?

I'm about to order the fuse kit and ran across a nice 7 FS in barnstormers that had a seat recline mod from the 14. Thread search turned up nothing. Anyone else out there used this mod with feedback?

Try this link to see the manufacturer of the mod.

Almost RV-14 Seat Mod

I installed it on my RV-7 and love it. I am 6'2 so the extra room is great! It actually puts the far back position even further than I need it so I added an adjustment so I can have three seating positions and I am using the middle adjustment. Well worth installing or having and actually think it's a stronger set up than the original support from Van's.

I installed the kit during fuse construction, way stronger, I could stand on it! and with 4 screws it comes out if I ever need to go into the back for maint, ect.

DSC03696_zpsp2yyq6jy.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Bryon, would you have any pics or drawings of how you modified for three seat adjustments?

Last edited:
I installed one and really liked it. I need to add it to my -6A. In the -7A I put it in, I also installed a 4th hinge aft of the aft-most lower seat hinge. The moved the whole seat back, allowing for more legroom. A very nice and very strong mod.

Almost RV-14 Seat Mod

Thanks for the feedback. Bryon, would you have any pics or drawings of how you modified for three seat adjustments?

I had them send me 2 additional seat back receiver pieces and revitted them to the seat back so I had a middle position. I will try and take a few pics and post them for you. I am down in SD for the weekend but will post next week when I get back.

Back