What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X/400W/GTR255 Interconnect diagram?

V111Pilot

Doing a panel upgrade to a G3X, 400W (w/GAD 29), GTR 255, GTX 23 and was wondering if anyone has an interconnect diagram? I have all of the separate pin outs/installation manuals but have heard there may be an easier to follow master diagram? Also, looking for the GAD 29 specific install manual, I have the G3X manual/diagrams which include the GAD 29, however I am wondering if there is also a separate install manual for the GAD 29?

Lastly, if there is anyone familiar with Garmin and looking for some side work, I would love to accelerate this project. I have all of the goods and wire/connectors/etc.

Thanks!

Doing a panel upgrade to a G3X, 400W (w/GAD 29), GTR 255, GTX 23 and was wondering if anyone has an interconnect diagram? I have all of the separate pin outs/installation manuals but have heard there may be an easier to follow master diagram? Also, looking for the GAD 29 specific install manual, I have the G3X manual/diagrams which include the GAD 29, however I am wondering if there is also a separate install manual for the GAD 29?

Lastly, if there is anyone familiar with Garmin and looking for some side work, I would love to accelerate this project. I have all of the goods and wire/connectors/etc.

Thanks!

Hello,

There is not a separate installation manual for the GAD 29 ARINC 429 interface box.

Everything you need should be in the Rev. M G3X Installation Manual, but let us know if you have questions. We are happy to help.

The drawing on page 20-13 provides the necessary information to connect the ARINC 429 between the GPS 400W and the GAD 29. There are even fewer connections for the 400W than the 430W (no NAV receiver).

Thanks,
Steve

G3X and 400W without GAD 29

First question is: can we fly an LPV and have it interfaced to the G3x without a GAD29.
Second question is: without a GAD29 what are the proper setups on the 400W besides the basics RS232. ( Map MX)

First question is: can we fly an LPV and have it interfaced to the G3x without a GAD29.

Second question is: without a GAD29 what are the proper setups on the 400W besides the basics RS232. ( Map MX)

Hello Jon,

A GAD 29 ARINC 429 interface is required to be able to fly an LPV approach with a GPS 400W interfaced to a G3X.

The drawing on page 20-13 of the Rev. M G3X Installation manual provides wiring and configuration guidance for both the GPS 400W and the G3X display when using a GAD 29.

The only exception to this is if you have a GSU 73 ADAHRS which has all the same ARINC 429 interfaces provided by the GAD 29. The drawing on page 21-9 provides the wiring and configuration guidance for the GSU 73 installation. As with the GAD 29 installation, the A429 interface identified as NAV is not required for the GPS 400W.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Back