- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:19 AM

Default EIS 4000 fuel pressure sender

Having a problem with the VDO 0-30 psi senders reading very low pressures in the 0 to 3 psi range. Have tried two so far. Just wondering if anyone has found a replacement with maybe a 0 to 15 lbs range that might be a little more accurate or at least read very low pressures better. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTOM View Post
Having a problem with the VDO 0-30 psi senders reading very low pressures in the 0 to 3 psi range. Have tried two so far. Just wondering if anyone has found a replacement with maybe a 0 to 15 lbs range that might be a little more accurate or at least read very low pressures better. Thanks for any help.
For carb engines this is what is recommended and what I use. Not sure I’ve heard of anything other to use. Also, worth checking and make sure the proper ohm resistor is on the AUX pin you are using. Also when setting up scale and offset, check before creating pressure you Aux for fuel pressure is reading zero. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	706FE378-912C-4173-B911-6C68F02626B4.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	521.6 KB
ID:	14646  Click image for larger version

Name:	4AD882FF-E2F6-4701-B763-BA574FA0B5A5.png
Views:	61
Size:	780.6 KB
ID:	14647  
Old 08-13-2021, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the brain jog Butch. Originally installed this a long time ago and forgot about the different resistors for different ranges. As I recall I set it up for 30lbs which was probably too high for my use.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:24 AM

Default Update on VDO sender

Turns out my settings and resistor value were correct but the sending unit failed.
Saw a article about a kit manufacturer abandoning the VDO units because they’er not generally reliable due to heat and vibration and that they’er actually manufactured by a third party for VDO. Installed a new VDO unit in the Van’s sender manifold on the firewall and insulated with firesleeve. I plan to try to eliminate some of the vibration with a short hose from Tom at TS and a floating type unit support at the next condition inspection. New one works great with readings to a fraction of a pound. It’s always something.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:33 AM

Good to hear it’s fixed…my issues have never been reading low, but high. I agree, something lacking in the use of this sender in aircraft. My older 6A has no manifold, but a bracket which mounts all to the firewall.