What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

what happened to this excellent builders site?

Your right, Gary's site was helpful. When I was building Gary was about two or three weeks ahead of me and he often posted pictures on something that I was working on. It was helpful right up until he started his FWF. Then our planes started looking different for obvious reasons. I'm surprised about his site because he obviously put a lot of work into it.

I talked to Gary about his site at some point last year, and he told me at the time that he hadn't paid for it in quite some time, and didn't know why it was still live. He told me it was just a matter of time before it went away. He just didn't feel like paying for it any longer as far as I know.

Once upon a time I had a web site. After about a year I let the thing go. It kept on showing up for the next few months even though all of my files were deleted from the original host. I called the people that were hosting the site and was told that it would be awhile before the files were gone because of them being burned into the web. Apparently the files get copied into the different nodes along the web and can still be seen until they get over written.

It would be tedious, but if you wanted your site to stay visible and not have to pay for it, you could transfer all the info to a place like LiveJournal - this is who I use for my build log. I host my pictures on FaceBook. Both websites are free.

Back