What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

David Clark Repairs

skelrad

Well Known Member
Friend
I own a second-hand headset (10-13.4) that the mic doesn't work on, but it is in great condition otherwise. I don't have any papers or anything since I didn't originally purchase it, and I don't even know how old they are. Does DC typically ask if you are the original owner before they will do repairs under their warranty? Actually, my guess is the headset is out of warranty, so maybe a better question is how much do their repairs for something like this usually cost? I only paid $75 for the headset, so I could still put some money into them and be ahead considering the cost of a new set.

Just curious what experiences other people have had as second-hand owners.

Thanks,
Brandon

I live only an hour or so from the David Clark factory in Worcester MA, and have taken a couple of headsets back for repair. They happened to be ones that I purchased, but DC never asked and the repairs were free.

Hope this helps...

Dave

I still have my first DC headset I bought at OSH in 1985. I have sent it in twice for repairs, both times out of warranty and they fixed it at no charge. I now have 2 other DC headsets (1 ANR) because of their outstanding service. Send it in!

I have two sets of DC's and sent them both in for minor issues. One set was no charge and the other set they charged $75 for. I was actually pretty pleased as when they came back it appeared everything was new on both sets except maybe the ear cup itself.

Since then I have purchased two sets of Halo's and I am planning on selling the DC's if I ever get around to it.

FYI

I sent my headset in to DC. They said that since the headset was manufactured in '97, it was out of warranty and would be $77 to get the mic fixed.

Sure, I was hoping for the free repair that I always hear about from other DC owners, but I guess I can't really complain. After paying for the repair, I'll have a virtually new headset for far less than it would have cost me to buy new.

Brandon

Headset Repair

Just had my David Clark mic (ca. 1982) replaced at Lees Summit, MO (LXT-Kansas City area) by Terry Gerber last week; $50 and back in business in five minutes.

Terry flies his Stuart S-51 (75% scale P-51 with big-block Chevy) from there and I felt good about sending him my business.

Mike

Back