What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Golf clubs and RVs

I am getting back into flying and I'm wondering what the best RV to buy if I have to carry two sets of golf clubs. I love the RV8. I always like flying on the centerline. Just don't know if anyone figured out how to do that yet.

Search for Doug Bell's solution for his -8.

BTW, once you start building and flying, you won't play with those sticks again!

Golf and RV

I disagree. Playing a distant golf course is a great reason to go flying. Beats the $100 hamburger and there is the chance to win the cost of avgas by betting.

Former golf addict

I can confirm that what Mike S said is true in my case. I was a single digit handicap. I haven't played more than 10 rounds since my build began 4 1/2 years ago. No time and less money.

I regularly carry golf clubs in my 6 but only one set and I am by myself. You could fit in 2 sets of clubs if you use 2 Ping small carry bags and put the drivers and 3 woods between your passenger and the right side of the cockpit.
There is not much room for anything else so an extended trip with baggage would be a stretch unless you are by yourself.

John Morgan

Back