- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:31 AM

Default Kent Gorton?

Anyone had any luck talking to him in oh, say, the past year? I've emailed and called, left voicemails.....nothin

Just wanting to get some tailwheel time before I make my decision to go nosegear or not......saw him flying at an airshow and seemed like he was more than qualified
Old 10-12-2010, 08:00 AM

Flew transition time with him last Thursday. I think he is on vacation this week. His email and phone both work fine.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:02 AM

you're right Dan, I just had bad luck/timing. Flying with him this saturday!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:07 PM

Please be sure to post a summary of your training once done...others might find it helpful.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Default good guy

I did my transition with him, OMG what a guy. My insurance co told me i had to have ten hours in type. He called the insurance co after 5 hours and told them I was ready to go! They went for it!. Then he called the FAA and asked them if he could give me my tailwheel indorsement at the same time because i owned a 4 and thats what i would be flying, they went for it! Not only saved me big bucks, but knows what he's doing!.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:31 AM

He definitely provides great training for a great price. I did my transition training with him last month and it was an awesome experience. Kent provides a really thorough transition course and I felt more than ready to jump in my 4 when we completed the training.

He also did an excellent pre-buy inspection for me and found a lot of things on the aircraft that another inspector had missed.

Lastly, his work is top notch. He's been doing some work on my 4 and everything he has done has been excellent. My plane is in his hangar right now getting a new panel installed.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 AM

dkol, saw your plane while I was down there- looks great! I want to see your panel when it's done, it sounds like the one I have in my head for my project
Old 10-25-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthomps View Post
dkol, saw your plane while I was down there- looks great! I want to see your panel when it's done, it sounds like the one I have in my head for my project
Thanks. It's definitely starting to come together. When I was hunting for an RV to purchase my main aim was to find a well constructed aircraft as a starting point and then go from there. Once the panel is installed Kent should be sending me some photos and I'll post them. I think it will be a very clean setup.