What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Titan Aircraft/Whirl Wind Aviation - Excellent!

beechrv9a

Well Known Member
I purchased my Whirl Wind 200RV prop in the group buy back in 2009. Fast forward and I am finally ready to hang the prop on my 9A, but being cautious, thought I should have the hub inspected as it has been in my basement in storage. So, last Thursday I contacted Greg Anderson at Titan Aircraft/Whirlwind Aviation in Austinburg, Ohio. I drove to Austinburg on Sunday, spent the night at a local hotel and was at the Titan Aircraft shop with my prop-in-a-box on Monday morning at 8am. While I waited, Greg had his staff (Charles) remove, inspect, and re-balance the prop blades, disassemble the hub and re-pack the bearings, install new O-rings on the blades, adjust the shims (behind the snap ring where the blade fits into the hub) for smoother operation, adjust the blade travel angles (now 16 to 35.8 degrees), re-assemble and then re-balance the entire prop. All this in a half a day! They boxed it back up and I was home in Maryland Monday night. It is quite refreshing to find a company like this that will go the extra mile and way out of their way to help their customers and in the process exceed all of my expectations. As an added bonus, I now have a better understanding and appreciation of the magic and mystery that happens inside the prop hub. Kudo?s to Greg Anderson, Tonya, Charles and the staff at Titan Aircraft/Whirl Wind Aviation for a job well done!

The guys at Titan Aircraft are all around good people. After completing the Rv-8 I purchased a T-51 mustang kit. Very helpful in all aspects. Would recommend them to anyone.

WhirlWind

Greg & Tonya go the extra mile in support. My 375RV was painted and delivered on time and within budget. They were both very responsive & supportive.

Thanks to Smokey's pics

I now see WW makes constant-speed props. Been thrice to their website and can only locate ground-adjustable models. I assumed incorrectly that's all they had.

Back