What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just purchased RV-10

kurtvh

I'm New Here
Didn't know where to post this (been reading VAF for 2 years but this is my first post) so just putting it here since it was a purchase. Long story short, I've always wanted to build a plane (tried a cozy MK IV 20 years ago--had to have someone finish it for me) and have been building a 14 for about 1.5 years while flying an '84 M20J about 1000 hrs over the last 6 years. The M20J was original paint, int, etc and due for an upgrade so thought I'd trade up to a newer mooney. After Oshkosh, started thinking about an RV-10 instead. Called Adrian Moses in Boone, IA for an intro ride (was hooked--thanks Adrian), he hooked me up with Jessie Saint (Saint Aviation in FL--had seen his posts of two 10's for sale). By the time I made it to FL, one was already sold and 741TZ was left (built by Hugo Terrosa--great build Hugo). Jessie help me do a pre-purchase exam and his knowledge of RV's and the 10 in particular, along with his high integrity, relieved me of any concern of bias or conflict of interest. Jessie also helped with a check ride and familiarization with the glass cockpit (new for me) so I purchased the plane Wed and flew it home to IA.
So to try and shorten this up, I've seen it posted several times before, the RV community really is just that, a community. Thanks for all those who helped me upgrade (Adrian, Jessie, and especially to Hugo--it must be hard to sell something you've put your blood, sweat, and tears into). The 10 truly is an amazing airplane. Now I just hope I don't lose my motivation to finish the 14! For me building really is about the process and learning how an airplane goes together, just what EAA is all about. My goal has always been to finish before my youngest son is out of high school---I have 4 years left!

Welcome to VAF!

Didn't know where to post this (been reading VAF for 2 years but this is my first post)

Kurt------welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Gonna move this to RV 10 forum---------classifieds get deleted in a month.

We really need an "Introductions" forum......................hint hint.

Congrats. There's a rv-10 in process in the Cedar Rapids area,maybe once he's flying you guys will do some runs together

Congrats on the purchase Kurt! Sarah and I are building in Cedar Rapids, and we are actually one of THREE RV-10 projects I'm aware of in the immediate area. There is also a fourth hangared and flying regularly out of KCID. I'm happy to report that the RV-10 is well-represented in our little corner of the world.

I believe we saw Adrian's plane last year during the Boone RV fly-in... it's a beautiful example and sounds like you got the perfect hookup there! Between all the RV (and W&C/Cleaveland) folks in Boone, our Cedar Rapids group, and I'm sure plenty of others around the rest of the state, we'd have the ability to make a pretty sweet formation flight somewhere someday :)

Until then, if you ever get the random itch to fly over to C17, Sarah works the desk and UNICOM on weekdays, we'd be happy to get you fueled up and add some fresh drool stains to your paint job! :D

Cheers!

Great choice!

Kurt, the love just grows every time we fly ours...an incredible airplane.

The gentleman who designed the airfoil told me to try 8,000-9,000' where it really is most at home at.

We true 200 MPH at 75 %, 7500' with 4 passengers, full fuel and max baggage!

Best,

Back