What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind aviation rocks!

Michael Henning

Well Known Member
Sent in my original WW150C prop to be updated. Tanya and Greg couldn't have been any better. The prop had 40 hours of smashed bugs on it when I sent it to them, and when it came back it was pristine. In addition to making it look pretty again, they also upgraded the single piston per blade to two Pistons per blade(faster response, and more accurate on holding rpm), heavier duty springs (recovers more quickly when cycling prop on run-up), put on race bearings somewhere (and improves longevity somewhere), corrected on of the pitch link arms that was slightly out(prop balanced at .07IPS before, even better now and I will have it balanced again to see where it is now) and then all the seals and grease. Plus they sent it out for NDT on the hub and blades.
$580 Plus Shipping for all of that. The prop was great before, but now it is sooooo much better. Whirlwind Aviation has my vote. And a big thanks to all the guys behind the scenes too.

Responsive

Greg is very responsive & straight forward. I've found him to be very fair.
Tanya does a great job of bringing the right resources to bear on any issue.
Bill's built a good organization!

I've received quick service at a reasonable price with timely delivery on two props.

Back