What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel Lit up for the 1st time

jswareiv

Well Known Member
Well everything is installed and now the testing and configuring begins.

so4a3q.jpg

Very cool! I wish mine was that far along.

I keep waiting for that day. I have spent so much time already on my panel I can't believe others actually spend this much time. One of my friends at works said "well that's why you are building the airplane isn't it for the panel". He is not totally right but it needs to be just so for me. :D

Well everything is installed and now the testing and configuring begins.

so4a3q.jpg

That looks really good, a couple of things that you should verify:

1. Did you use the updated RV-14 panel? The panel size changed from the original.

2. Are you using countersunk screws to bolt the panel to the fuselage? The canopy will not shut with round head screws.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

rv-14 panel

Rob, any idea where we could get a -14 panel template (the updated one :) or the latest dimensions to use for layout?

That looks really good, a couple of things that you should verify:

1. Did you use the updated RV-14 panel? The panel size changed from the original.

2. Are you using countersunk screws to bolt the panel to the fuselage? The canopy will not shut with round head screws.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Yes, it is the updated panel. Aerotronics ordered all of the subpanel parts from Van's to fit everything correctly and I will have to check on the CS, not sure. Thanks Rob.

Back