I'm pleased to announce the completion of my 13.5-year 9A build!
- YIO-320-D1A with AvStar fuel injection
- MT MTV-11-C Constant Speed Propeller
- Day/Night VFR - Two Screen Garmin panel with the usual goodies
- Classic Aero Leather Seats and full carpet kit, side panel kit on order
- AeroLEDs throughout
- Anti Splat Aero nose job, main/nose wheel bearing mods, oil separator
- Tanis pre-heat system (cylinder head and oil sump heaters)
She weighed in at 1104 lbs. with the empty CG at 76.20".
I'm very happy to move on to the next phase of project, Phase I testing. I have a lot to do to get myself ready first, and I'm happy to be able to work with Tom Berge for first flight and transition training.
I have a lot of people to thank for their help along way. This forum has been outstanding, I honestly can't name a better resource for RV information anywhere else. Additionally, I found Smitty's site to be very helpful, and Bruce Hills site was invaluable throughout the build! Locally, my Tech Councilor Mike Hilger was a great resource and source of information and help. My son Alex and buddy Mark spent many an hour bucking rivets with me on the wings and center section. Alex Peterson was nice enough to give me a couple motivation flights through the years, as well as lots of insight on building and ownership. Of course, none of this would have happened without the love, support, and help of my wife Trish. She's a heck of a riveter, and a good sport, an excellent sounding board, infinitely patient, and the love of my life!