SV-6 Eyeball Vent Frustration
I didn't notice until after glueing my SV-10 NACA vent with the SV-6 eyeball and bracket that it's close to impossible to access the top outboard nut once installed on the fuse, which I needed to do to finish paint the part. I plan to install nut plates instead, although much harder to do now that they are installed. It's one of the few 'gotchas' I've encountered. Builders might consider this before installing the SV-10.
Based at KSUT, Southport, NC
- 1973 PA28-180 (N55087)
- Started Sep19, Aft Fuse complete
- Wings and fuel tanks completed,
- IO390 ordered (Oct20 deliv)
- Hartzell 2-blade composite delivered.
- Currently working on fuselage