What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Asking for a ride!

mcsteatlh

McStealth here.

I'm in Houston, Tx (Kingwood) and I am selfishly asking for an RV ride. I am a low timer, getting ready for my tests, and want to own my own. I have an appointment to get in a 'J' model Mooney and a 182 in three weekends. My training is in a 172. Before I make the plunge, I want to know the "grin" and make an informed decision.

Anything would be appreciated.

David
281-748-4483

ps
I did read Delta Romeo's "best of build it Post"

oops, I'm not that selfish

McStealth here, again.

Of course I would gladly compensate for the time spent and fuel.

Sorry. I'm not that selfish.

David
281-748-4483

Houston Group

David, Check out the Houston Builders Group forum on Yahoo. Jeff has been trying to coordinate a builders motivation day for the last couple of months. We plan to have a pot luck lunch and those flying are going to give rides to those not flying and their spouses. It is going to be fun if the weather ever cooperates. I think we have been rained out about 5 or 6 times now.

The goal now is 1st or 3rd weekend of next month. The last plan was to have it at Conroe. Subscribe to the group and you will get emails with the updates as Jeff keeps working to pull this thing off. The Houston area guys are outstanding people who will answer any questions you might have and help you get started.

HRVB Group

Hi David,

Here's the link for the Houston RV Builders Group. This is just a group of builders/flyers in the Houston area that get together (very informal) for lunch once a month at various airports around town. Tom was talking about the flying event, but weather for the 1st already looks bad so we'll probably try for the 15th for the Builder Motivation flights.

There are a lot of RVs in Houston so I'm sure you'll get up sooner or later. That should cure that Mooney and Cessna nonsense you're talking. :D

Back