Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Buchanan View Post
Just curious.....would insurance carriers get heartburn if your plane was parked below a hoisted plane? Maybe not if the lift is a commercial device but I wonder about a unique (untested) design.
I don't think your underwriter could complain unless they asked a pertinent question which was not honestly answered.
2019(?) RV-10
Old 09-16-2021, 05:50 AM

A cheap post lift is rated 8-9K#, so half is 4.5K and are ~$3K. Fabbing the cradle would require some additional investment. Another pump would give you 2. Build 2 sell 1 and not cost you much. The footing to anchor the post will require work. Most slabs are 3-6" and you'll need more than that to carry a point load of 2K#
You won't want to hang anything from the bottom chord of a roof truss. I would check to see what the truss load is designed for before I would hang anything from the top of one. Most are not designed initially for those additional loads.

Starduster SS101
Tailwind

"Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain
Donated '21