What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Headset jack positions

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
I am busy installing Aero Sport panels in an RV10 and would like to know where others have installed the rear headset jacks. I was thinking on the top of the rear panels, in other words jut below the window line and above the vent.

Secondly in the armrest hollow could also work. I am wondering what others have done. See in the link below where I have indicated possible positions with red dots.

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=jan&project=2151&category=0&log=186686&row=1

I've put mine on the forward end of the armrest, just behind the door frame.

Tunnel would also work.

Backside of center console

I put mine in the backside of the center console. The front seats are inside the center console. This allowed me to run all of them in one bundle. I thought it would be easier for backseat passengers to reach forward and plug headsets in. I also did not want cables hanging down from the overhead console.

I put a couple velcro strips on the carpet over the tunnel to hold the wires as they come back to the back seats.

Don't know how well it will work in reality as I am not flying yet

I put mine in the backside of the center console. The front seats are inside the center console. This allowed me to run all of them in one bundle. I thought it would be easier for backseat passengers to reach forward and plug headsets in. I also did not want cables hanging down from the overhead console.

I put a couple velcro strips on the carpet over the tunnel to hold the wires as they come back to the back seats.

This is by far the best position IMHO. With jacks in the middle of the plane, you don't have to unplug when getting in or out of the plane and don't have to worry about snagging them while getting in or out. I make hangars for them overhead so they never have to be unplugged. I usually out all 4 in the back of the arm rest on an angled portion so I can see them and change them from any seat.

Here are mine--------seem to work just fine.

The sloped panel below the air vent has the ANR power outlet, and a "cigarette" lighter style power outlet.

10%2520interior%2520for%2520Abby%2520013.JPG

I did the same........

Bob

I would not put them on the armrest, especially if they are plastic like bose. I have broken two connectors to date when the back seat passenger bumps them with an elbow and they break.

Aaron

Wire bundle for audio runs down right side, then under right front seat, into tunnel, through snap bushing into the rear of center arm rest. They all go to a connector so the armrest can be removed. Front seat LEMO and standard jacks inside console, rear jacks and music input on back of console facing rear seat passenger. No wires to catch your foot on when entering or exiting the plane.

Thanks for all the valuable inputs. After all this advice I am thinking to install the back seat jacks on the rear central tunnel cover, but quite far forward on this cover. Thiswill put it more or less betwwn the front back rests and out of damage way. I have no center console in this RV.

Why I do not like the crossbar is that in the event of an in flight headset problem it is really difficult to swop them around. For example if the pilot want to swop his with one of the rear headsets and no back seat pax to assist.

Back