What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 rear seating

pnassar

I have an RV10 under construction. I have to daughters that inquire if they will be able to bring a friend on trips. They are 13 and 15 so recognizing the weight and balance issues I don't see exceeding 320 lbs in the back seat with 3. Has anyone set up back seating for three? I'm thinking I could do a bench. I am concerned the belts for three will work fine for three kids but would be tight for 2 adults? Love some suggesting. Thanks!!

I have a RV10 with a bench seat and 3 belts in the back and the belts are fine for two adults (though I'd prefer two rear seats with gap for carrying longer items).

I have flown with 320 in the rear seats and 75+ pounds in the baggage area. However, check with your insurance. It is experimental, however, it is also considered a 4 place airplane. You don't want to find out after an accident that your insurance won't cover you with 5 on board. At a minimum, you will need to declare it as a 5 place plane to your carrier, as they will otherwise assume 4, as that is what the kit manufacturer declares it as.

Larry

I routinely flew with 3 daughters in the back seat for years. For the lap belt, I used the same connection points with a longer bolt. So no impact to 2 adults space. Flight line interiors sells a middle cushion and back you can add. I added a bar in the luggage area connecting the two existing harnesses to create A mount point for the 3rd shoulder harness. Weight and balance was not a problem.

The data plate shows it seats 5, and insurance was a little more. They did quote me 4 seat rates after I removed the 5th seat belt and notified them in writing when the girls got too big.

Back