What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kitlog Out of Business?

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
My kitlog program crashed some time ago, I have been trying to get it back up. It seems impossible to download the program, and emails to them don't even get an answer. Is anyone else having problems with them?

Don,
I just put Kitlog in my search bar and it took me to KitlogPro.com which took me to the Kitlog site. You have probably done that already. Just wanted you to know that I was able to go to their site. I hope that you get it figured out, I enjoy your site.
Paul Ledoux
RV120495

Yeah, I can get to their site, but cannot get stuff to happen. When no response to emails I wondered about them.

It looks like the web page is under construction. I'm not sure I actually see anything there that resembles what I remember of KitLogPro...

Bob

KitLog.com works fine, and I am just downloading their kitlogpro.exe. The download is pretty slow but it does work so far ...

I may have found the problem. The download information says this:

Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP
Windows 2000

I have Windows 7

Yep, until you click on the download page, then you get this:

DOWNLOADS

Thank you for choosing to download KitLog Pro. Below you will find the system requirements and instructions needed to download KitLog Pro.

Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP
Windows 2000
Hardware Requirements:
233 MHz processor, or greater.
128 Megabytes of memory, or greater.
180 Megabytes of hard disk space, or greater.
1024 x 768 screen resolution, or greater.

Mine has always worked fine under Windows 7 Premium Home Edition (see my construction log link in my signature). I do seem to remember somefolks having Kitlog issues recently with a Windows update.

Last edited:
Kitlog works fine for me..

I've used it with Windows 7 and even Vista. No problems, except at the initial start, due to (Vista I believe) viewing the software as a threat somehow. Matt Draille provided a patch and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Like most things in the experimental world, the biz is run by a small staff.. like one guy I think. Be patient.

I recently had problems with KitLog when I updated Win8 to 8.1. I emailed Kitlog support and Matt helped me out again. Sometimes he takes a couple of days to get back to you, but he is always there (Matronics) to help.

Win 8.1

KitLog works fine on win 7, but search for my posts regarding Windows 8.1: It stopped working completely. Matt walked me through a configuration tweak that returned my KitLog to normal ops.

First things first: see if it won't work just fine with your Windows 7.

I failed to mention, it has worked on Windows 7 for me on this computer for years! What happened was, I was cleaning up **** on the computer, and accidentally corrupted the file, no longer could I post or use it. I tried to use some guidance KitLog Support provided on 2 Aug 2013, but nothing they offered worked at all. Finally I decided to uninstall the whole file and start over with a new download. No way will the download do a download.

My kitlog program crashed some time ago, I have been trying to get it back up. It seems impossible to download the program, and emails to them don't even get an answer. Is anyone else having problems with them?

Hi Don,

Kitlog Pro is alive and well! I try to keep up pretty well on the [email protected] email as it comes in. I usually respond to any inquiries within 1-2 days depending on my schedule. Looking through my inbox, I'm not seeing any email from you, so perhaps our Barracuda spam filter blocked your email for some reason. Please try sending your questions again.

BTW, Kitlog is fully compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1. There are a couple extra installation steps sometimes for optimal function in the later versions of Windows, and I can provide the steps necessary via email.

We have a new Kitlog 2.1 release coming very soon that I think builders are going to like. Most of the changes are evolutionary, but there are lot's of little things that make it quicker and easier to perform the usual tasks. Also, the installer is vastly improved and handles all of the various versions of Windows without the need for any additional post-install tweaks. We're still working through a few last minute bugs in the version, but should have something soon.

Thanks for your support of Kitlog! Please always send me email at [email protected] if you have any questions or issues you might have.

Best regards,

Matt Dralle
Matronics / Kitlog Pro

Great News!

I love Kitlog so much I was really worried it had gone kaput! Thanks for coming to my rescue!

Great!

Hey Matt,

Look forward to the updates. I love using the Kitlog program as it is. Thanks for the tech support that you have given me in the past. It continues to work flawlessly for me:)

+1 on that!

I just recently printed out my log up to date for the 2 years I've been building to take advantage of a color printer that had ink, but was being upgraded. The printed log looks so great!

Things I love about Kitlog:
1) It's simple and fast to create/edit logs, even with multiple projects
2) It has a nice web output, paper reports and filtering options
3) It keeps nice logs of costs and hours to date
4) It's stored on my home computer, so I can make extra file backups
5) It's cheap!

Thanks for keeping this little gem going, Matt.

Last edited:
For me that easy posting has made it a real treat to use. At the end of the day, bleeding and worn out, as I walk by the computer, it is SO SIMPLE to add the days activities to the log, despite a brain that has been fried from reading plans and making stuff work.
If it were a hassle to post, I would do as many others do, probably never get anything posted.
It is entertaining to others as well. Since I have not been posting lately, you would be surprised at how many complaints I have gotten from unhappy log lurkers.

More kudos from Texas

Matt,
I echo Don's and Mike's accolades. I also want to thank you for working with me on the Win 8.1 problem, and I look forward to the updates as well.

Finally Got it Fixed!

Not sure what my problem was, but Kitlog worked tirelessly with me to try to get a file downloaded, nothing seemed to work.
They sent me a CD copy, and it loaded instantly without any problems! I am back on posting again!!
We have a small problem, 6 months of my entries are missing from the editing program (they are on the Kitlog website though). What do you bet that they solve this problem for me too.
Some of the best support I have ever seen from Matronics by the way.

Back