What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody else digging out?

Caveman

Well Known Member
We got hit by the second biggest blizzard on record for our area, (N.W. Oklahoma) last night. I hear Southern Kansas is really bad. No flying for a while. Drat!

I've been in Mexico, Beliese, and the Bahammas. What is this snow stuff you are talking about?

When our ancestors decided to settle here, why didn't head south?

The western 'burbs of Chicago are forecast to get up to 6" of wet snow tonight, but it will probably be gone by Tuesday. I'll just stay in the garage and sand the fiberglass.

Spring

I'm in NW Arkansas and planted flowers in the 80 degree weather last weekend. Guess I'll have to plant some more. We got an inch or so this morning.

The memo said the cold weather is caused by global warming.;)

:) LOL, I’m not sure if you’re being facetious but the atmosphere is a big washing machine…it seems to me extra arctic air could be pushed south by abnormally warm air traveling north at high altitudes. I’m certainly not reassured by a cold winter. ...but I really don't know. We've had unusual snow…and spring has sort of stalled.

Last edited:
Bout 25" or better worth of snow in south central Kansas .

That's about what we got. We had some roof collapses, including a nursing home nearby. I dug the 4X4 truck out of the garage, busted some drifts and promptly got stuck in the middle of the road. I dug it out again , but made it only about 1/2 mile before coming to a losing one lane standoff with a snowplow & had to back up several blocks before I could get turned around. The cattle are going hungry tonight. They're 30 miles away with road blocks between me and them. The wind caused some 5' to 10' drifts. An OKC news chopper is flying around the area. I hope he doesn't need fuel. I don't know if we can get to the airport.

Back