What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Ski question

mill2978

Well Known Member
I am waiting for my tail feather kit to get here and thinking about mods for the plane. I would really like to figure out how to carry 2 pairs of skis in/on the 8. I looked around the forums, followed the "baggage area in back" and I see a lot of speculation about tail tubes and belly pods, but no finished examples for the 8.

Can someone point me in the right direction and/or help me out with some measurements.

What is the distance from the front of the baggage area F807-1 the F-810B-1(DWG 71 in the preview plans). How wide is it at F-809-1?

The largest skis(mine) are 6ft tall, 6 inches wide at the tip and tail,9.5 inches wide at the bindings, and weigh 20lbs.

I am planning an Aerosport IO-375 with a constant speed prop, that should help with the CG issues to an extent, but I do realize CG will more likely prevent this than the physical space needed.

Thanks helping a new builder.

Aaron

Last edited:
Skis are getting better.....

is the good news. By the time you are flying you'll want some new and probably shorter ones. They rent a lot easier than they fly in an 8. Pack your boots and rent the latest greatest skis.

Back