What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Belcrank jig

Dorfie

Well Known Member
Please help me find the W-730 bellcrank jig or its dimensions, used for aileron actuation alignment, pages 23-8 and 23-9. I have looked everywhere I think it should be without luck.
Thanks.
Johan

Mine was in a bag also. Its semi triangle shape maybe 3" x 4" X 1" with a relief in one side to go around the bellcrank and a 1/4" hole that fits over the AN4 pivot bolt.

If you can't find it, I see two potential choices.

1. Call Jim Combs and see if if he still has his. It's probably a longshot, but worth the call. The next closest RV-10 is probably Wayne Gillispie in Portsmouth (he lives in Ashland). I don't think I have mine.

2. Order one from Vans and have it shipped priority mail. It should fit in the small flat rate box, so it should cost under $10 and you'll have it mid week.

Trust me, this won't be the last part you'll misplace. They always seem to reappear the moment after the replacement arrives.

Last edited:
Maybe this helps

If you can scale it correctly...

msoikl.jpg

==dave==

Thank you.

Will order from Vans. I assume one fits both sides since no mention of left/right?
Thanks for all the responses. I now know what it looks like at least.
Johan

Back