What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need recommendation for RV-7 throttle & mixture through heat box?

dsmithlib

I've tried hard to find the answer so not to waste anyones time. I have an RV7 with O360, Precision carb and Van's bracket. Long ago, I drilled some holes in the firewall for these cable routes but, now I have second thoughts?

I am unable to get a good look (via pictures) of how the stock installation would route through the heater box. Is the entire cable 'loose fitting' from the bracket all the way to the panel? Is proseal or silicon adequate to seal up those firewall holes when using the stock configuration?

I am most perplexed about the coming through the heater box and up to the subpanel. I have probably seen dozens of cables routed and just never paid enough attention.

Then, I see a few posts of others taking an alternate route through the recess. I am interested in that option but, have the same lack of pictures, etc..

I would appreciate any good leads to sort this out so I can keep building. Thanks.....
Dave Smith

Going from the cockpit forward;

1. The handles attach at a bracket you fabricate that attach to the panel.
2. There is another simple L-bracket that attaches to the subpanel. The cable are secure to this bracket with Adel clamps.
3. The cables then go through the removeable part of the forward tunnel cover (lower right corner of the vertical part of the cover). This allows you to remove the main part of the tunnel cover.... while the removeable part (that has the cables going through it) stays in place.

Back