What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heated Pitot

Most any heated pitot can be made to work, although you may have to modify the mount to fit the RV.

greg

Cessna Heated Pitot

krw5927
The fit is excellent, the Cessna conforms to the AN spec for pitot tubes. I have an older Safeair mast made of steel tubing, so I can't speak for the newer one. The only issue was trying to match the layout of the Cessna mounting holes and countersink the holes in the Safeair mast. After some messing around it worked OK.
Terry

Also, Used Cessna 150/152/172 heated pitot bought thru Ebay with Safeair mast.

I cut 1" off the length of the Safeair mast. Takes a little time to get the hole in the wing bottom skin to fit the pitot tube shape.

I found that the Cessna pitot tubes take the #6 screw with 40 thread. Screws thru the mast into the pitot tube. Very hard to find in case you want to buy in bulk and have gazillions left over. Still looking for 4 of them.

Jim

I used the Dynon heated pitot even though I don't have a Dynon instrument. It also has a second port for AOA which I did't use. The pitot works great and the heat is thermostatically controlled. I used the SafeAir pitot mast with it.

Back