What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Switch to FlyLeds?

TheFrisco

So our RV4 transparent wingtips are badly faded, the lights are super outdated and the strobe and lights suck lots of power.

Thinking of getting the FlyLEDs but confused how they work …

- After soldering it all together, do they use the same +/- wires in the wing?
- Which tail light gets replaced? Both? Top? Rear?
- Do I reuse the tail wires? I sure hope so because I don’t want to crawl into the back anymore
- Is it worth it?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Robert

So our RV4 transparent wingtips are badly faded, the lights are super outdated and the strobe and lights suck lots of power.

Thinking of getting the FlyLEDs but confused how they work …

- After soldering it all together, do they use the same +/- wires in the wing?
- Which tail light gets replaced? Both? Top? Rear?
- Do I reuse the tail wires? I sure hope so because I don’t want to crawl into the back anymore
- Is it worth it?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Robert

Yes, you can use existing nav wires for the nav light, and existing strobe wires for the strobe.
The ‘tail strobe’ from FlyLeds replaces the standard (2010) white nav light/strobe light which fits into a fairing at the bottom of the rudder. Again, the existing wires can power the $100 led tail strobe/nav light.
Only you can decide the value vs cost.

Yes, you can use existing nav wires for the nav light, and existing strobe wires for the strobe.
The ‘tail strobe’ from FlyLeds replaces the standard (2010) white nav light/strobe light which fits into a fairing at the bottom of the rudder. Again, the existing wires can power the $100 led tail strobe/nav light.
Only you can decide the value vs cost.

Definitely worth the cost and time. Very bright and low draw

Back