What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trip to KC

rwarre

Well Known Member
Planning a short visit to Kansas City on the 16th. Any suggestions for close airports, hotels, and rental cars? Want to visit the jazz museum and catch some live jazz.

Visit to KC

Suggest a stop with us here at Lee's Summit (KLXT). EAA Chapter 91 offers free overnight/weekend hangar space to experimentals (first come, first served).

Enterprise will deliver a car to the airport. It's an easy drive from Lee's Summit to the Jazz Museum and other attractions.

There's a nice Hampton Inn one mile away at 1751 NE Douglas Street, Lee's Summit, Missouri, 64086, USA TEL: 1-816-347-8600. Mention that you're flying into KLXT and ask for a preferred rate for pilots.

Best,
Mike

KC

Lee's Summit is the best deal going, especially if you can get a Chapter 91 hangar.

You mentioned that you were going to hear live jazz. Most of those venues, to my knowledge, are downtown. You may want to stay closer to the venue than Lee's Summit if you fly into there.

Downtown Airport (KMKC) would be an alternative but be sure that you get the self-serve gas on the west side of the field. Signature is significantly more expensive. That would be closer to downtown but is a big city airport with the good and bad that goes with it.

I am based northeast of downtown at Midwest National (KGPH), like Lee's Summit, is a GA friendly airport. Lee's Summit is definitely the RV capital of KC. If I can help you at KGPH, let me know.

John

I don't know much about airports, hotels, or cars, but I do know about BBQ! :) Makes me smile just thinking about it! Gates, LC's, and Arthur Bryants. Don't go to the big fancy places; the little hole in the wall is your best bet.

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Back