Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 07:33 AM

Default AUA, Inc. (Aviation Underwriters Inc.) Issues?

I've been doing business with AUA, Inc for years. Always great service and reasonable premiums. As of last week no one answers the phone anymore!
Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 AM

wow, I hope not. I got a hold of them not last week but the week before after I recieved a notice from the underwriter of my policy saying that is is being canceled for nonpayment of premium! I paid a entire year in advance in October! I called AUA and the lady there said they were on it and it was just a computer glitch or something? and the issue will be fixed ASAP! She also said that there are a lot of people with the same thing so they are busy scrambling to get it fixed. So we will see about this....
RV-8 Builder #83611

Last edited by Adam Wright : 01-23-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the reply. We are in exactly the same boat. We have not been able to get notification that the policy has been reinstated and they don't answer the phone! Not sure where we go from here.

On another note, I see your from Ozark, Al.. Small world....graduated from high school there in '72.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:53 AM

Default Issues Resolved!

Just received word from Chartis, the underwriters, that the issues have been resolved and re-instatements are on the way. Flying will resume!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

Hi Mark ( I think it's Mark....right?),

I've been with AUA for quite a few years now after having issues with 'that other company'. They have been wonderful for me....I insure my F1 Rocket and my RV7 with them. I got the same letter and called AUA last week....Mac told me about the paperwork snafu. They called me today and sent me the 'reinstatement' via email.

Not that my burnt up body will be flying anytime soon but it's still good to know in case the hangar falls in .

Hope you guys are well....I wish I could keep an airplane as long as you guys have kept yours....it's one beautiful machine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grezdlitn View Post
Just received word from Chartis, the underwriters, that the issues have been resolved and re-instatements are on the way. Flying will resume!

BRONZE, SILVER & GOLD LINDY AWARD WINNING RV's & Rockets

EAA Oshkosh Homebuilt Judge/Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor FAST Formation Flight Lead

Kitfox/RV4/6/7/8/9/10/12/14
6 RV10's
2 Time SunínFun Grand Champion
F1 Rocket #1 Oshkosh Gold Lindy Grand Champion!
F1 Rocket #2
Fastback RV8 Slider
RV14 #2 flying
RV10 #7 in progress

55 RV's & Rockets

WW Prop Dealer

Love my Pitts S1S
Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 AM

Hey Rick,

Good to hear from you! Your right, the name is Mark, and yes Mac has been great to work with for the past 20+ years. Got a little concerned about the speed of their response but all is well now. My faith in AUA is reinstated!

I'm still flying Grezdlitn, more now than for the last few years, been busy trying to keep my head above water. Thanks for the kudos on Grezdlitn but it won't hold a candle to the hardware you turn out! Your Rocket is my all time favorite!!!!

Hope your doing well,
Mark and Pete Rowe
Old 01-24-2012, 09:52 PM

I received a certified letter today telling me my insurance is canceled due to non payment by AUA. I am a bit concerned because normally a underwriter would not go to this step until they had asked AUA for payment. This suggest to me that AUA was asked for and failed to forward my payment made in Nov to the underwriter. I will find out more tomorrow and post what I learn.

George
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailvi767 View Post
I received a certified letter today telling me my insurance is canceled due to non payment by AUA. I am a bit concerned because normally a underwriter would not go to this step until they had asked AUA for payment. This suggest to me that AUA was asked for and failed to forward my payment made in Nov to the underwriter. I will find out more tomorrow and post what I learn.

George
George,

I too received the same letter from Chartis on Monday. I sent a quick email off to AUA (Corey Maxwell - corey@auaonline.com) and he responded almost immediately at 10pm! He claimed there was a contract dispute between AUA and Chartis that is now resolved. I received a email from Chartis yesterday at 4pm reinstating my insurance.

It is unfortunate that these things happen, but I was very happy with how quickly AUA and Chartis resolved this issue.
EAA Technical Counselor
The Best FAA N-Number Availability Search Engine -TailNum.com
Old 01-25-2012, 02:08 PM

AUA called me back early this morning. They have assured me the problem was clerical. I hope that is the case. I have not yet been sent a reinstatement of my insurance but am told its on the way.

George
Old 01-25-2012, 02:25 PM

Default 20 Years...

I've been with AUA for 20 years with amazing service. Corey Maxwell recently took over the business and moved it to BHM however, the service and hospitality remain.

Try emailing him first, then call.
Corey@auaonline.com

Smokey