We released G3X Touch Version 8.81 to the Software Download Area
today. Please note from the list shown below that many system LRU's have new software. After updating the software in the PFD1 with the SD card, the display will reset, and at that time it is best to press and hold the Menu button while it starts up in Configuration mode. Go to the System Information page on the PFD1 and watch all devices completing the software update before taking the PFD1 out of configuration mode and verifying proper operation for the updated system.
There are a few frequently requested updates included in this revision, such as the transfer of fuel flow data to GTN (Xi) Navigators. Our primary mission is to increase the margin of safety for owners and operators of EAB aircraft, and we are very happy to also include a number of updates that improve system reliability and redundancy in this release. Several of these updates will be migrated to a GDU 3XX software update, which will be released shortly after this update.
- One of the most frequently requested updates we have received is to allow fuel flow information to be sent from the G3X Touch to an adjacent GTN (Xi) Series Navigator. This G3X Touch software update will make that data transfer possible. Updated GTN (V6.71+) or GTN Xi (V20.12+) software is required for this to work. The GTN Software update can be found using the same link provided above for the G3X Touch software. Once the GTN is updated, change the ARINC input on the GTN (that is receiving data from the GAD 29) from EFIS FORMAT 2 to GDU FORMAT 2. You will then be able to select Use Sensor Data on the GTN (Xi) Fuel Planning page. No configuration change is required on the G3X Touch side. Fuel Remaining is also sent to the Navigator using this datapath.
- Display of Rotax FADEC information in normal mode. This can be accessed from the ENG menu, by pressing the MENU button and selecting FADEC Information. Alternatively, press MENU twice, select Setup, Engine, and then FADEC to view this information.
- Added support for a second GMC 507 Autopilot Controller. This can be especially helpful in tandem aircraft, as it will be possible to install a dedicated autopilot controller in both positions. Identification of GMC 507 #2 is accomplished by strapping pins 1 and 2 on the GMC mode controller connector.
- GEA 24 P Lead RPM Sensing. 22.214.171.124 of the G3X Touch Installation manual, revision AN provides specific installation guidance for this type of installation. A MOD 2 GEA 24 is required to make a direct connection from the GEA 24 to a P-lead for these purposes.
- Provide DST data on GARMIN VHF NAV output, to an SL 30 NAV/COM. To enable display of this information on the SL-30, Press SEL while in NAV mode. Turn the large knob to the DST datalist. Press ENT to enable the display of DST data.
- Added 3rd ECS External Light Priority Mode. The new Switch OFF priority mode will cause the external lights to remain off when the corresponding switch is off, regardless of the current flash state. If the switch is on, the lights will either be on or flashing, depending on flash state.
- Improved redundancy in communication between transponder and GDU. A transponder communicates with the G3X Touch system through a serial connection to the GSU 25. The GSU 25 typically already has a backup RS-232 datapath to the GDU in place for ADAHRS data redundancy purposes. In the event of a CAN bus failure, the transponder can now use that existing backup RS-232 datapath, providing GPS data to the GDU if the transponder is an internal GPS model, and making transponder remote control possible.
- Further improved redundancy of transponder datapath. We now make possible an RS-232 connection from the transponder to a second GSU 25, in dual GSU 25 installations.
- Fuel flow can now be configured in the Units menu, to display in pounds or kilograms of avgas.
- Added miscompare monitoring option to PFD Configuration page. In a system with a single ADAHRS LRU (GSU 25/73), selecting "ADAHRS + SFD" will always perform miscompare monitoring between the standby flight display (G5) and the ADAHRS LRU. In a system with multiple ADAHRS LRUs, selecting "ADAHRS + SFD" will only perform miscompare monitoring between the G5 and GSU 25/73 when the system has been degraded to the equivalent of a single ADAHRS due to the loss of all other ADAHRS LRUs. If set to Disabled or ADAHRS Only, the G5 will not be compared with the GSU 25/73.
If a miscompare condition is detected, a CAS message will be populated to describe the condition. A miscompare between a G5 and GSU 25 does not disengage the autopilot, but depending on the nature of the miscompare, may disarm envelope protection on one or more axes, which is also annunciated with a CAS message. This feature provides confirmation that your G5 and GSU 25, which calculate attitude differently, agree on the attitude and air data values. If they are in disagreement, we flag the condition to the pilot, and prevent ESP from providing control input based on potentially incorrect GSU 25/73 data.
is a link to our G3X Touch Manuals page, you can find the most recent revisions of the Pilot's Guide and Installation Manual here for reference, as well as several other helpful links.
Public Release Notes
• Add fuel flow/quantity labels to EFIS/Airdata ARINC 429 output format
• Add support for multiple GMC 507 AFCS mode control panel LRUs
• Add support for miscompare monitoring between ADAHRS and standby flight display
• Add ability to control transponder via reversionary ADAHRS RS-232 connection and/or redundant RS-232 connections to multiple ADAHRS LRUs
• Add support for RPM sensing via P-lead connection (requires GEA 24 Mod level 2)
• Add DST data to VHF Nav/Com RS-232 output format
• Add additional data to Text Out RS-232 output format
• Add ability to configure aircraft sink rate by entering glide ratio
• Add ability to view FADEC maintenance information in normal mode
• Add support for Rotax SCU 9iS FADEC interface
• Add canard aircraft map symbol
• Add Engine Setup page for normal mode access to EIS settings and calibration
• Add ability to enable/disable fuel calculator automatic reset of fuel-used quantity in normal mode
• Add config mode option to control display of trim/flap gauges on PFD
• Add additional GAD 27 landing/taxi light switch priority mode
• Add support for displaying fuel quantity and flow values in units of lbs or kg
• Add CAS message to indicate ADS-B transmit inhibited by pilot
• Add CAS messages to indicate ESP inhibited
• Improve heading display when true direction is selected
• Improve GNX 375 GPS data processing
• Improve GTX 23/33 RS-232 port configuration
• Improve audio alert output
• Improve ARINC 429 label output
• Improve fuel tank reminder
• Improve Connext data processing
• Improve COM and NAV radio data processing
• Change ESP to inhibit protection when a miscompare is detected and specific ADAHRS source is not selected
• Change Rotax FADEC CAS alerts based on updated guidance from manufacturer
• General improvements to system operation
• Includes update to G5 software version 7.10
• Includes update to GAD27 software version 2.50
• Includes update to GAD29 software version 3.40
• Includes update to GEA24 software version 3.80
• Includes update to GSA28 software version 4.90
• Includes update to GSU25/B software version 4.30
• Includes update to GSU25C/D software version 2.60
• Includes update to timezone database version 26.00
• Includes G5 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GAD13 software version 2.00
• Includes GAD13 boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GAD27 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GAD29 boot block software version 3.10
• Includes GDL39 software version 4.91
• Includes GDL5x software version 2.14
• Includes GEA24 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GI260 software version 2.80
• Includes GI260 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GMA245 audio software version 2.20
• Includes GMA245 Bluetooth software version 2.00
• Includes GMA245 software version 2.80
• Includes GMA245 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GMC507 software version 2.90
• Includes GMC507 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GMU11 software version 2.10
• Includes GMU11 boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GPS20A software version 2.40
• Includes GPS20A boot block software version 2.10
• Includes GSA28 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GSU25/B boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GSU25C/D boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GSU73 software version 3.80
• Includes GSU73 IGRF database version 1.04 (Base Year 2020)
• Includes GTR20/200 software version 3.30
• Includes GTR20/200 boot block software version 2.30
As always, please feel free to send any questions our way. You can always contact us at G3Xpert@Garmin.com